You, as an individual whose personal data is processed as described in this Privacy Notice, have a number of rights which are summarized in broad terms as laid down in the following list. Please note that exercising these rights is subject to certain requirements and conditions as set forth by applicable laws. If you wish to access personal data about you or exercise any of the rights listed below, you should request so in writing through the contact details provided in section “1.2. How to Contact Us”.
3.1. Right of access
You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data, and where that is the case, you have the right to obtain a free copy of the processed data. We will also provide you information including the following details:
- The purposes of processing
- The categories of personal data that are processed
- The persons or the categories of persons to whom your personal data have been or will be disclosed
- For how long your personal data will be stored
- The existence of your privacy rights, as explained further below
- All available information we have about the origin of the data if they were not collected from you
- The existence of automated decision making
We can request a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs for every additional copy that you request.
3.2. Right to rectification
You have the right to obtain from us the rectification or completion of inaccurate or incomplete personal data concerning you.
3.3. Right to erasure ('right to be forgotten')
You have the right to erasure of your personal data if one of the following grounds applies:
- Your personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or processed
- You withdraw your prior consent for the processing and there is no other legal basis that we can rely on for (further) processing
- You have objected to the processing for direct communications
- You have objected to the processing which is based on our legitimate interest and there are no more serious, justified grounds for our (further) processing.
We are not obliged to comply with your request for erasure when the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
3.4. Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain restriction of the processing:
- If you contest the accuracy of your personal data, we can restrict the contested processing for the period that we need to verify the accuracy of your personal data
- If we no longer need your personal data, but you require them for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims
- If you have objected to the processing based on our legitimate interests, we can restrict the objected processing for the period that we need to verify whether your legitimate grounds are valid.
3.5. Right to data portability
You have the right to seek the portability of your personal data processed by automated means, which you have communicated to us. This is only possible if the processing is based on your consent or contract performance. In all other cases you cannot exercise this right (for example when the processing of your data is performed on the basis of a legal obligation).
3.6. Right to object
You have the right to object to any processing based on our legitimate interest. However, we will continue the processing of your personal data if we can show that we have stronger legitimate grounds.
You have the right to object to any processing for direct marketing.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of personal data, to the extent that the processing of your personal data was initially based upon your consent.
3.7. Right to lodge (file) a complaint
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in the European member state of your habitual residence, place of work, or of the alleged infringement of applicable data protection legislation:
In Belgium, the supervisory authority is: Autorité de protection des données
Rue de la presse 35, 1000 Brussels
In case of any conflict, discrepancy or contradiction between the English version and translations, the English version shall prevail.